Modern Public School student's council shall have two type of members.
(a) Student Officers: - 6 students from the entire school will be selected as student officers. (By following a specific selection procedure and will be given different designations). The details of post are as under:
(b) Prefects Prefects will be selected by the class in-charge in consultation with different subject teachers taking that class.
(c) Discipline council 6 members from the entire school are selected as student officers to take care of the discipline in the school. Their work is to
(d) Cleanliness Council 6 members from the entire school are selected as student officers to take care of the discipline in the school. Their work is to
e) Eco Club (6 members from the entire school are selected as student officers to take care of the discipline in the school. Their work is to
The motive of the club is:-
f) Jury Members (6 members from the entire school are selected as student officers to take care of the discipline in the school. Their work is to
The following nominated faculty members will serve as advisor to the student council and the various activities to be conducted by it. They will also control and co-ordinate the different activities of student council.
Procedure for the selection of student officers:
1. Class incharges will collect the application proforma from the class representative and handover it to the applicant students.
2. The eligible applicants will have to appear for a written test on the assigned date
3. The written test will be evaluated by the selection panel and successful candidates will be called for interview before the selection panel
4. The final results will be announced and the student officers will be sworn in for their respective posts.
Note: Any appointment can be terminated in the event of a student found unworthy of such an appointment at any stage.
Term of membership:
From the date of Oath taken to the office to the end of that academic session.
Job Specification for Student Officers:
1. To maintain the standard duties and responsibilities of Prefects.
2. To lead / help lead the team of Prefects
3. To monitor the performance of other prefects and deal with any problems which may arise from the monitoring.
4. To represent the school on certain formal occasions such as:
The Prize giving and Speech
Alumni Annual Meet
School council Meeting
Annual Sports Day
5. To be an approachable member to whom both students and staff can come for assistance or support.
6. To be an example to both peers and lower school pupils of the personal and academic standards expected from students of the School